Sunday, March 23, 2008

Just Arrived!

I just checked into my room about an hour ago and am all set up. I've got free DSL from the room and all my electronic gear syncing and charging peacefully. 

I arrived at about 6:30 am this morning at FCO. I took the train to Roma Termini, caught a cab, and arrived at my hotel by 7:45. Because my room wouldn't be available until noon, I dropped my luggage off and went wandering toward the Vatican. It only took me about 20 minutes to navigate, and I arrived at quite the spectacle. There were tons, and tons of people lined up to enter the inner part of the square. Vendors were everywhere (as expected) and more nuns and priests than I've ever seen in my life. Because police were checking people's belongings, I decided against going in to the inner square and settled for watching the Italian police trying to control dozens of unruly, picture-happy tourists. After 30 minutes of entertainment, I decided to return to my hotel for a snack and some leisure time. 

On my way back to the hotel, I decided to take a different route across the other side of the Tiber. Brilliant me, I took a wrong turn somewhere along the way and managed to find myself a bit lost and in the midst of a torrential downpour. I ducked into one of the few open cafes (Easter Sunday) and waited the rain out. I returned to the hotel soggy and exhausted  and decided to read in the lobby until noon. 

I ran into a few of my classmates and both Professor Gregg and Professor Fonrobert. It was great to see familiar faces after a long day of trudging along by myself. 

Anyway, I'm about to hit the hay for a three hour nap before our city tour and orientation. Hope all is well!


6 comments:

The Jack said...

Thanks ever so much, very useful article. Great information! Very smart, thanks for kindly sharing it with us. Very well done indeed. If you do not mind, please visit my article related to pandeglang district in Banten, Indonesia at Kenali dan Kunjungi Objek Wisata di Pandeglang or Kenali dan Kunjungi Objek Wisata di Pandeglang and information about district Banten Indonesia Banten dan Kabupaten Pandeglang

Daniela said...

Find your great Travel News and sing the songs at Free Song Lyric or you can watch the drama at Korea Drama Online one of great korea drama is A Love to Kill if you go to travel to Indonesia learn Learn Indonesia Language first! And find your home cari rumah or make a blog Belajar membuat Blog find your home again rumah dijual and again at jual rumah then if you want buy a new laptop see the Laptop Price List or you can buy a New Blackberry and then take care your Health & Jewerly.

denis said...

Great post! I’m searching for this information for long time and I have found it here. Kontes Seo Kerja keras adalah energi kita Pertamina | Tutorial seo

denis said...

Nice Share free tutorial | Blog dofollow | Ilmu komputer | PayPal WishList | Sistem Pakar | Twilight Express | Spy camera shop | Simcool | Casablanka | Sistem Pakar | Twilight Express | Pakar Seo | Express Entrepreneurship | Sahabat Sejati | Domain Murah | Blog Lerry | Download pc media | Fans club artis | disnak bengkulu | disnak | Hosting murah

rasiqzone said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

info gadget online | Mobil Keluarga Ideal Terbaik Indonesia

Sam Anderson said...

Great post, I really like it. Thanks
mobil keluarga ideal terbaik Indonesia